Scientific American has some fun examples of people who have been doing spamming the blogosphere. They create an identify that in some way conceals their ulterior motives, and then post blog comments or posts that push their agenda.
Read More from GroupLens Research
- Value Sensitive Algorithm Design: Method, Case Study and Lessons November 1, 2018
- Simulation Experiments on (the Absence of) Ratings Bias in Reputation Systems October 25, 2018
- Order From Chaos: Where Is Sharing Economy Literature Going Next? October 23, 2018
- What Users of Couchsurfing and Airbnb Can Tell Us about Online Room Sharing October 8, 2018
- Enlisting Recovering Addicts as Tech Designers to Fight Relapse October 5, 2018