Scientific American has some fun examples of people who have been doing spamming the blogosphere. They create an identify that in some way conceals their ulterior motives, and then post blog comments or posts that push their agenda.
Read More from GroupLens Research
- What Wikipedians Want (but Struggle) to Prioritize September 2, 2022
- How Child Welfare Workers Reduce Racial Disparities in Algorithmic Decisions April 29, 2022
- Learning to Ignore: A Case Study of Organization-Wide Bulk Email Effectiveness November 9, 2021
- How to Infer Therapeutic Expressive Writing in the Real World? October 25, 2021
- Are Bots Ravaging Online Encyclopedias? October 22, 2021