Scientific American has some fun examples of people who have been doing spamming the blogosphere. They create an identify that in some way conceals their ulterior motives, and then post blog comments or posts that push their agenda.
Read More from GroupLens Research
- Rethinking Mental Health Interventions: How Crowd-Powered Therapy Can Help Everyone Help Everyone October 20, 2021
- Social Computing Researchers Need to Pay Attention to Religion and Spirituality in Design (Especially in Matters of Life & Death) October 20, 2021
- 13 Rules for Successful Hybrid Meetings: Lessons from 100 Articles August 26, 2021
- Tabletop Games in the Age of Remote Collaboration May 13, 2021
- Human-Aided Information Retrieval to Create a Peer Support Group Meeting List July 21, 2020